When we first got married...we'd look ahead to 10 years with amazement. It seemed so far away! Now here weare.
10 years married! I can remember the first time I saw Justin. We were 16, an evening band practice. I saw him standing with a group of other sax players and thought to myself, "that boy is CUTE. I want him" :D
It took awhile. But I got him. He's mine people. Poor Justin lol. I got him and he's stuck with me!
I've posted plenty of times 'our story' (you can read bunches from this post). So I won't post all of that again.
Instead I wanted to do something fun! A couple of 'Top Ten' lists for your enjoyment.
Top Ten Random Anniversary Facts:
10. We got married 10 days before Justin left for Air Force basic training.
9. Our wedding was planned in less than 2 weeks. And it showed. Bless my parents, they bent over backwards for us!
8. In 10 years,we've been blessed enough for Justin to only miss 3 of our anniversaries.
7. Our first anniversary consisted of a terrible dinner, Beauty and the Beast on IMAX and a blown compressor in our crappy car. We waited till 3 in the morning for a tow truck.
6. We have never gone away for an anniversary.
5. I have been pregnant and/or nursing for every single anniversary! Pregnant for 6 and nursing for the other4.
4. This is our first anniversary where Justin has had any facial hair. I love that beard.
3. Justin 'bought' us stars for our 9th anniversary. Silly man! I love him!
2. Other than that, we've never really gifted each other with anything. We usually just do dinner. And lovin'.
1. Our marriage on Feb 17th wasn't really legal. Our actual legal marriage was June 9th, 2001. In Louisiana. We don't celebrate that one tho. It's a long story.
Ten Random Pics:
<--our junior prom
<--We were about 18 here I think
<-- about 18 here too.
<--our junior prom group pic. That's us on the far left!
<--high school graduation
<---just a random, fairly recent pic
<-smootches! I was pregnant with Babbie in this one
And the fruit of 10 years:
Sorry that pic is older. LOL.
Top Ten reasons I love Justin:
10. He's hot. Super super hot. A lot.
9. He is smart! As a kid, he hated school, but now he's fixin' to start seminary for his masters!
8. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He'll change a scary poop blowout, clean up vomit, and wipe up dripping green snot. All without complaint.
7. He puts up with me. That takes forbearance, love, and a grace that only comes from God. Seriously.
6. He is NEVER too tired or in too much pain to play with his kids. EVER.
5. He makes me laugh. No one makes me laugh like him. He's silly, fun-loving and plain hilarious.
4. He treats me like a queen. With my unkempt hair, poor housekeeping skills and horrible hormones. He treats me like I'm the best woman on the planet.
3. He isn't ashamed or afraid of his emotions. He's all man. And it takes a real man to cry.
2. He loves the Lord. He loves Christ and it shows. Every day he grows more and more Christ-like.
1. He loves me. He loves ME for ME. What more can a girl dare to hope for?